What should I post more about?

Sunday, February 6, 2011

DIY Duct Tape Belt!

Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE duct tape-I have a role in my purse at all times. So when I read about this in P.S. I made this.. (great book btw) I had to put my own twist on it!
What you need:
-Roll of cute duct tape/gorilla tape
-Ribbon
-Velcro or sew on snap buttons
-Tacky Glue or a hot glue gun

How to:
Step one-cut a strip of tape about 3 in. longer than the circumference of your waist; double up the tape so its patterned on both sides and there is no sticky stuff showing
Step two- Fold and glue the ribbon to make a bow then glue onto the tape (you can use a large ribbon or several small ribbons like I did)
Step three-Take another piece of ribbon and wrap it around the middle of the bow to create the vertical line that makes it look hand tied.
Step four-On each end you have 2 options. If you're using Velcro, glue a strip on each end to secure. If you're using snap buttons, sew 2 onto each end and make sure you have the right length to fit correctly.

As always try to make this design your own! If you want to use plain tape and a colorful ribbon or one with a design on it, go for it! You can also add embellishments like rhinestones or buttons to make it your own!
*Design credit goes to P.S. I made this by Erica Domesek

No comments:

Post a Comment